Other remarkable things to do in Niigata also entail cultural and traditional experiences. You can be part of Swedish torch barbecues, kimono sightseeing in Kamo city, samurai sandal making, pottery, and many other tours passed down from ancient Japan.
A one-stop prefecture for all your preferences, Niigata is the perfect choice for your next holiday!
1. Incredible Kamo city sightseeing by rickshaw
2. Massive watersports experience: Rafting the longest river in Japan!
Birds chirping, and green shores cheering you on, a rafting course on the Shinano river is never a dull experience! Enjoy rafting the rapids or jump straight into the water for an afternoon dip!
3. Wave riding in a hidden stream of beauty
The Agano River is characterized by reliable waves, gentle enough for beginners. It offers excellent waters to start your career with other surfing options available in Shibata city!
4. Get cozy with sea horses and cute fish on Sado island
The sixth-largest island in the country offers exciting underwater diving adventures complete with C-card certification. Become a pro-diver, learning among Cottidae and yellowtails!
5. Live your special forces dream with airsoft games in Naeba
Your shooter game desires materialize in an airsoft war game in Naeba. Rock perfect and safe replicas of all your favorite guns, and feel the heat and strategies of a real-life battlefield!
6. Barbecue with flair: Lunch from a Swedish torch
Shrimp tastes a whole lot different when cooked on a Swedish torch prepared onsite. Have a memorable day out across a lovely stream, enjoying the best meat and vegetables!
7. Tear up the Niigata asphalt on Go-kart
If you dream about racing whenever you close your eyes, the outskirts of Niigata offer a beautiful racecourse to compete with friends and family for the glory of the finish line!
8. Family fun with ziplining and forest adventures
Trees were not meant to be cut down; they grow to be climbed up! Have fun swinging on the treetops and climbing footbridges on your way to exhilarating zip lines!
9. Bouldering in Myoko: Nothing can stop you
Build your stamina and core strength by bouldering across many routes at an indoor gym in Myoko! The artistic walls will give you the push you need to keep going!
10. Cycling in nature with views of Mt. Myoko
The two wheels of an MTB are the best mode of transportation in the beautiful and rugged landscape of the Joetsu-Myoko region. Behold Mt. Myoko in the backdrop and panoramas of other magical scenery!
11. A yummy adventure in Niigata
12. Get to know Niigata city better with a tour
Niigata city has the carefree feel of a port town, while the heritage of a past version of Japan still lingers in shrines, museums, and old streets. Great food and scenery are on the cards!
13. Learn the ancient art of Japanese pottery
14. Culinary enlightenment with vegetarian sushi in Niigata
新泻滑雪天堂的平均降雪量在 1800 厘米左右，承诺提供该国最好的白人以及与之匹配的体验。通过杆式滑雪学习重力滑翔的魔力！
16. Discover the traditional side of Japan in Tokamachi
A cultural blend of textile handweaving, yukata/kimono sightseeing, and zakka crafts such as waraji (samurai sandal) making, ensure the most authentic time in traditional Japan!
17. Turn old tea bags in your cupboard into art
天冷时喝茶很暖和，但在纺织染色方面效果更好。添加到您的家庭 DIY 中，将茶包变成漂亮的衣服颜色！
18. Reflections of paradise at Lake Daigenta
Initially built to keep in check soil erosion, the dam that created Lake Daigenta has flourished into a wonderful autumn paradise. The lake sees the most colorful foliage in the season!
19. Takada park: Fairytale chapters by night and day
20. Around 200 rice fields merge into beauty at Hoshitoge Rice Terrace
Cascading patches of water drawn around by green make the Hoshitoge Rice terrace an incredible sight, especially in the dim light of the November sunset. In winter, the gorgeousness goes up a notch with patterns of snow!
Frequently asked questions
Q What activities is Niigata popular with in the winter?
Q Why is Niigata well-known, and what makes it famous?
Q What good things can people do in Niigata?
A In addition to abundant snow, Niigata has an established rice culture and beautiful cities like the capital Niigata. The best things to do in Niigata entail:
• Hoshitoge 梯田之旅
Q Does Niigata have any excellent places to eat out?
A 前往 Activity Japan 网站，了解新泻各地的众多一流餐厅和传统餐馆。提供计划选项，您将享受传统的日本饭团和包含著名美食的居酒屋之旅！还有涉及瑞典火炬烹饪的户外烧烤计划！
Q What can people do in terms of outdoor activities in Niigata?
A From chasing down high-speed adventures on public roads to refreshing quietness and swinging in treetop parks, there are incredible things to do in Niigata in the outdoors, namely: